Buy Physical Silver Online
Smaulgld.com is one year old today!
Smaulgld.com was launched on April 28, 2013 with the blog post “Student Loans and Unemployment are Holding Back the Economy and Real Estate Market” (733 views)
In our first year we have published nearly two hundred posts and the site has received over 64,000 unique visitors and over 133,000 page views. Twenty six percent of Smaulgld.com’s traffic is from returning visitors.
While the bulk of Smaulgld.com’s visitors come from the United States (80%), we have received visitors from 164 countries. Smaulgld.com has had visitors from Australia, New Zealand, every country in North America and Europe, from every country in South America except Suriname and every country in Asia except Papua New Guinea, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan and Turkmenistan, and from twenty three countries in Africa.
Rounding out the top ten countries sending visitors to Smaulgld.com are: Canada, the United Kingdom, Australia, India, Germany, Singapore, Netherlands, Malaysia and France.
Seventy four percent of Smaulgld.com users access the site via desktop computers, 16% via mobile devices and 10% via tablet computers.
Launched in June 2013, the Smaulgld You Tube Channel featuring weekly podcasts with former CBS Radio host Ryan Sloper has received over 8,800 views.
Here are the top viewed Smaulgld.com blog posts over the past year.
Top Smaulgld.com Posts of All Time
1. Twelve Ways Silver is Different Than Gold 4,556 views. Published in August 2013, this blog post has served as an evergreen resource containing some little known but important differences between silver and the yellow metal.
2. The Coming Real Estate Supply/Demand Inventory Reversal 4,159 views. This piece was published in June 2013 at the height of the housing “recovery” and predicted that more inventory would come on the market as demand dropped due to a tepid economy and higher interest rates.
3. Why the End of Quantitative Easing May be Bad For The Dollar (& Good For Gold & Silver) 3,399 views. An economic theme during 2013 was whether the Federal Reserve would begin to taper its quantitative easing (QE) program and what the impact might be on the economy, real estate, the dollar and precious metals. In this blog post from August we postulated that QE was operating as the backing for U.S. treasuries and the dollar and that cessation of QE might have the unintended consequence of harming the dollar and causing a flight to non dollar assets like gold and silver.
4. How a Stock Market Crash Will End the Economic Recovery 3,344 views. This post from January 2014 notes that the entire economic recovery is based on boosting stock prices and when stock prices collapse so will the “recovery”.
5. Why the Housing “Recovery” is a Farce – Illustrated by Two Charts 2,969 views.
This blog post from February 2014 illustrates that during the housing recovery new home sales are at near historic lows and retail and first time home buying is also at near historic lows.
6. The Dark Side Of Artificially Low Interest Rates 2,947 views. This blog post from October 2013 discusses how artificially low interest rates cause an economy more harm than good.
7. Millennials: Not Part of The Club Yet 2,933 views. This blog post from early January 2014 covers the economic plight of millennials and places most of the blame on the Federal Reserve’s quantitative easing program.
8. What Happens After the Next Stock Market Crash? Poll 2,805 views. This blog post/poll from early January 2014 notes that after recent stock market crashes the Fed has reflated the markets by adding liquidity. Will they be able to do the same next time? The poll asks where investors will put their money after the next stock market crash.
9. The False Housing Recovery of 2013 and How it Unraveled 2,719 views. This October 2013 blog post chronicled the 2013 housing market and noted that the housing recovery was no recovery at all.
10. Bitcoin – A Mining Disaster Waiting To Happen 2,570 views. This December 2013 blog post followed “The Case Against Bitcoin” and discussed the artificial scarcity of Bitcoin and the lack of a concrete basis for the value of bitcoin.
11. Is a Gold and Silver Supply and Demand Price Adjustment Coming? 2,379 views. This piece highlighted that demand for physical gold and silver were high throughout the year as the price declined and questioned whether the price of precious metals would remain suppressed in light of increased demand.
12. The Recovery Has Reversed Course – Welcome to the Revocery 2,308 views. This blog post from September 2013 highlighted that the economy was weak and that the rising stock and real estate markets were not indicative of the underlying health of the economy and were a product of the artificially low interest rates brought about by the Fed’s QE program.
13. The Case Against Bitcoin – A Faith Based/Emotion Backed Currency 1,977 views. This November 2013 blog post was written when the price of Bitcoin hit its high price of the year – over $1200 – and discussed the reasons the crypto currency might not live up to the hype.
14. The Disconnect Between Home Prices and The Economy 1,850 views. This blog post from August 2013 made it clear that rising home prices could not be sustained without a healthy job market.
15. The Housing Recovery that Never Was is Over 1,709 views. This blog post from April 2014 notes the weaknesses in just about every housing statistics except home prices.
16. The Dark Side of Rising Home Prices 1,697 views. This blog post from July 2013 highlights why rising home prices aren’t necessarily a good thing.
17. Gold and Real Estate Are Assets, Not Investments 1,525 views. This blog post from May 2013 discusses why gold and real estate held as primary residences should not be considered investments.
18. Real Estate’s Underwater/Down Side Sticky Catch-22 1,438 views. This blog post from September 2013 discusses the unique dynamic of underwater home owners and reluctant home sellers and their impact on restraining housing inventory and prices.
19. Negative Interest Rates and Janet Yellen 1380 views. This blog post was published in October 2013 shortly after the announcement that Janet Yellen was nominated to become the Chair of the Federal Reserve in January when Ben Bernanke’s second term expires.
20. The Gold Silver Ratio vs. The Silver Gold Sales Ratio 1,346 views. This blog post from September 2013 was the first in a series that highlighted the ratio of silver to gold sales throughout 2013.
21. 2014 Predictions For Gold and Silver 1,270 views. This January 2014 blog post contains a podcast where we share out 2014 predictions for gold and silver.
22. Buying Physical Gold & Silver (1266) This is the Smaulgld.com gold and silver buying page.
23. The Price of Silver in 1979 & 1980 vs. 2013 & 2014 1,245 views. This blog post from March 2014 compares the prices of silver, gold, gas and groceries in the late 70’s to the current day.
24. Obama Announces MyRA – Retirement Savings Accounts 1,211 views. This January 2014 blog post was published after President Obama’s state of the Union where he announced his Myra savings account.
25. San Francisco Police Ban Chess 1,207 views. This blog post went viral in October 2013 shortly after the San Francisco police decided to ban chess games on the basis that they were attracting the “wrong element” on the streets of San Francisco.
Thank you Smaulgld readers and subscribers for your support and comments throughout the year.