Buy Physical Silver Online
Smaulgld.com was launched on April 28, 2013 with the blog post “Student Loans and Unemployment are Holding Back the Economy and Real Estate Market” (692 views)
Since then we have published nearly two hundred posts and the site has received nearly 60,000 unique visitors and over 120,000 page views. Twenty six percent of Smaulgld.com’s traffic is from returning visitors.
While the bulk of Smaulgld.com’s visitors come from the United States (80%), we have received visitors from we have received visitors from 161 countries! Smaulgld.com has had visitors from Australia, New Zealand, every country in North America and Europe, from every country in South America except Suriname and every country in Asia except Papua New Guinea, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan and Turkmenistan, and from twenty three countries in Africa.
Rounding out the top ten countries sending visitors to Smaulgld.com are: Canada, the United Kingdom, Australia, India, Germany, Singapore, Netherlands, Malaysia and France.
The Smaulgld You Tube Channel featuring weekly podcasts with former CBS Radio host Ryan Sloper has received over 8,200 views.
Top Smaulgld.com Blog Posts January 1- March 31 2014
1. Millennials: Not Part of The Club Yet 2,879 views. This blog post from early January 2014 covers the economic plight of millennials and places most of the blame on the Federal Reserve’s quantitative easing program.
2. Why the Housing “Recovery” is a Farce – Illustrated by Two Charts 2,778 views. This blog post from February 2014 illustrates that during the housing recovery new home sales are at near historic lows and retail and first time home buying is also at near historic lows.
3. How a Stock Market Crash Will End the Economic Recovery 2,384 views. This post from January 2014 notes that the entire economic recovery is based on boosting stock prices and when stock prices collapse so will the “recovery”.
4. What Happens After the Next Stock Market Crash? Poll 1,880 views. This blog post/poll from early January 2014 notes that after recent stock market crashes the Fed has reflated the markets by adding liquidity. Will they be able to do the same next time. The poll asks where investors will put their money after the next stock market crash.
5. Twelve Ways Silver is Different Than Gold 1590 views. Published in August 2013, this blog post has served as an evergreen resource containing some little known but important differences between silver and the yellow metal.
6.Obama Announces MyRA – Retirement Savings Accounts 1,203 views. This blog post was published after President Obama’s state of the Union where he announced his Myra savings account.
7. 2014 Predictions For Gold and Silver 1,190 views. This blog post contains a podcast where we shared our 2014 predictions for gold and silver.
8. How Russia Could Set Off an Inflationary Spiral in the United States – Podcast 1,096 views. This blog post from March 2014, discusses how Russia may respond to economic sanctions based on its actions in Crimea.
9. The Price of Silver in 1979 & 1980 vs. 2013 & 2014 1,075 views. In March of 2014 we noted that the current price of silver is lower now than in the late 1970’s early 1980’s. This blog post covers the Hunt Brothers, the similarities between Presidents Obama and Carter and the inflation of the late 1970’s early 1980’s.
10. Bitcoin – A Mining Disaster Waiting To Happen 1,069 views. This December 2013 blog post followed “The Case Against Bitcoin” and discussed the artificial scarcity of bitcoin and the lack of a concrete basis for the value of bitcoin.
11. Who Will Buy the Homes to Support The Housing Recovery? 1,000 views. From March 2014, this blog post asks with investors who had been constituting a large percentage of home purchases leaving the market, who will buy the houses to keep the housing “recovery” going?
12. The Dark Side Of Artificially Low Interest Rates 960 views. This blog post from October 2013 discusses how artificially low interest rates cause an economy more harm than good.
13. Gold Reserves by Country – Top Twenty 796 views. This blog post from March 2014 highlights the massive additions by Russia and China to their gold reserves pushing them into the top ten countries.
14. Has Bitcoin Jumped the Shark? 775 views. This blog post from March 2014 covers the ills that have befallen Bitcoin during 2014.
15. The Housing Recovery & the Law of Small Numbers 648 views. From March 2014 this blog post notes that by all metrics the housing recovery is characterized by low sales, low mortgage applications, lower home ownership rate yet higher prices.
16. Is a Gold and Silver Supply and Demand Price Adjustment Coming? 643 views. This piece highlighted that demand for physical gold and silver were high throughout the year as the price declined and questioned whether the price of precious metals would remain suppressed in light of increased demand.
17. Will Greater Adoption Mean Higher Bitcoin Prices? 618 views. From February 2014 this post notes that as more merchants accept Bitcoin the price drops, highlighting that perhaps greater merchant adoption just means more places to sell Bitcoin.
18. If Russia Sells its U.S. Treasuries Will The Fed Buy Them? 599 views. From March, this is a blog post with a podcast that discusses U.S. options if Russia were to retaliate to U.S. sanctions.
19. Buying Physical Gold & Silver 588 views.
20. The Case Against Bitcoin – A Faith Based/Emotion Backed Currency 558 views. This November blog post was written when the price of bitcoin hit its high price of the year – over $1200 – and discussed the reasons the crypto currency might not live up to the hype.
21. The Fed Starts Talking About its Exit From QE 535 views. From January 2014, this post covers what the Fed Presidents had been saying out their desire to end quantitative easing.
22 Bitcoin Regulation – Here it Comes 525 views. From March 2014, this covers the regulatory landscape and predicts a wave of regulation to hit Bitcoin in 2014.
23. Why Saudi Arabia Matters in Helping to Keep the U.S. Dollar as the World’s Reserve Currency 477 views. This blog post from October 2013 gives historical perspective dating from Bretton Woods to the current time regarding how the U.S. dollar has retained world-wide hegemony since 1944.
24. Why the End of Quantitative Easing May be Bad For The Dollar (& Good For Gold & Silver) 473 views. An economic theme during 2013 was whether the Federal Reserve would begin to taper its quantitative easing (QE) program and what the impact might be on the economy, real estate, the dollar and precious metals. In this blog post from August we postulated that QE was operating as the backing for U.S. treasuries and the dollar and that cessation of QE might have the unintended consequence of harming the dollar and causing a flight to non dollar assets like gold and silver.
25. Mandatory Retirement Accounts? 402 views. From June 2013, this blog post speculates the mandatory retirement accounts requiring holdings of U.S. Treasuries may be coming.
Top Smaulgld.com Posts of All Time
1. Twelve Ways Silver is Different Than Gold 4,313 views.
2.The Coming Real Estate Supply/Demand Inventory Reversal 4,087 views. This piece was published in June 2013 at the height of the housing “recovery” and predicted that more inventory would come on the market as demand dropped due to a tepid economy and higher interest rates.
3. Why the End of Quantitative Easing May be Bad For The Dollar (& Good For Gold & Silver) 3,264 views.
4. Millennials: Not Part of The Club Yet 2,879 views.
5.Why the Housing “Recovery” is a Farce – Illustrated by Two Charts 2,778 views.
6. The Dark Side Of Artificially Low Interest Rates 2,730 views.
7. The False Housing Recovery of 2013 and How it Unraveled 2,645 views. This October 2013 blog post chronicled the 2013 housing market and noted that the housing recovery was no recovery at all.
8. Bitcoin – A Mining Disaster Waiting To Happen 2,438 views.
9. How a Stock Market Crash Will End the Economic Recovery 2,384 views.
10. Is a Gold and Silver Supply and Demand Price Adjustment Coming? 2,307 views.
11. The Recovery Has Reversed Course – Welcome to the Revocery 2,257 views. This blog post from September 2013 highlighted that the economy was weak and that the rising stock and real estate markets were not indicative of the underlying health of the economy and were a product of the artificially low interest rates brought about by the Fed’s QE program.
12. The Case Against Bitcoin – A Faith Based/Emotion Backed Currency 1,895 views.
13. What Happens After the Next Stock Market Crash? Poll 1,880 views
14. The Disconnect Between Home Prices and The Economy 1,845 views. This blog post from August 2013 made it clear that rising home prices could not be sustained without a healthy job market.
15. The Dark Side of Rising Home Prices 1,600 views. This blog post from July 2013 highlights why rising home prices aren’t necessarily a good thing.
16. Gold and Real Estate Are Assets, Not Investments 1,443 views. This blog post from May 2013 discusses why gold and real estate held as primary residences should not be considered investments.
17. Real Estate’s Underwater/Down Side Sticky Catch-22 1,429 views. This blog post from September 2013 discusses the unique dynamic of underwater home owners and reluctant home sellers and their impact on restraining housing inventory and prices.
18. Negative Interest Rates and Janet Yellen 1329 views. This blog post was published in October 2013 shortly after the announcement that Janet Yellen was nominated to become the Chair of the Federal Reserve in January when Ben Bernanke’s second term expires.
19. The Gold Silver Ratio vs. The Silver Gold Sales Ratio 1,314 views. This blog post from September 2013 was the first in a series that highlighted the ratio of silver to gold sales throughout 2013.
20. Obama Announces MyRA – Retirement Savings Accounts 1,203 views.
21. San Francisco Police Ban Chess 1,193 views. This blog post went viral in October 2013 shortly after the San Francisco police decided to ban chess games on the basis that they were attracting the “wrong element” on the streets of San Francisco
22. 2014 Predictions For Gold and Silver 1,190 views.
23. Buying Physical Gold & Silver 1,161 views.
24. What the Budget Deal Means for the Economy, Real Estate, Gold and Silver 1,139 views. This October 2013 blog post discussed the potential impact of the deal that Congress struck to avoid a default on the nation’s debt.
25. How Russia Could Set Off an Inflationary Spiral in the United States – Podcast 1,096 views.