2015 was an eventful year.
Here is how we saw it and you read it:
The Top Twelve Smaulgld Posts of 2015:
1. Platinum vs Gold Price. Declining platinum prices drove increased interest in platinum and the gold/platinum ratio. Views: 37,122
2. Gold Reserves by Country – We displayed and updated the gold reserves by country as reported by the World Gold Council, the Russian and Chinese Central Banks and reported them in this post. Views: 6,950
3. Foreign Holders of U.S. Treasuries – another blog post we update monthly showing the changes in holdings of foreign countries of U.S. Treasury bonds. Views: 5,261
4. Pay Pal Pulls Out of Puerto Rico – We broke this story and it appeared in the Google News section driving thousands of visitors. Views: 4,443.
5. The Price of Silver in 1979/80 vs 2013/14. This one was published in early 2014 and remains a favorite for its comparison of the similarities of two eras thirty years apart. Views: 3,783
6. Twelve Ways Silver is Different than Gold. Published in 2013 this post continued to drive visits in 2015. Views: 3,772.
7. The American Silver Eagle vs. The Canadian Bald Eagle A review of the features of the popular U.S. and Canadian Mint coins. Views 3,667
8. Gold Supply and Demand – an overview of the gold market with plenty of data and charts. Views: 2,715
9. How a Stock Market Crash Will End the Economic Recovery Penned in January 2014, this blog post was popular throughout 2015 as the stock market appeared to be teetering on more than one occassion. Views: 2,560
10. The U.S. Plans To Bail in the Banks -Another one from 2014 that continues to do well. We broke the story when we found language in a speech by the Vice Chairman of the Federal Reserve that went unnoticed by the main stream media that indicated that plans were underweigh in the United States to allow for bank bail-ins. Views 2,504
11. Silver Supply and Demand Published at the end of 2014, this one was popular in 2015. The report has since been updtated and you can see it here. Views 2,493
12. The Case of China’s Missing Gold. This one was reproduced in its entirty in Zerohedge where it received over 150,000 views! The Smaulgld.com version received a respectible 2,432 visits.
Thanks to Silver Doctors, SGT Report, The Economic Policy Journal, Investment Watch Blog, Investment Research Dynamics, the Daily Coin, The Wealth Watchman, Inman News, Jessie Cafe Americain , Sharelynx, Ted Butler Research, GoldBroker,Wall Street for Main Street, TF Metals, Chris Martenson’s Peak Prosperity, Chris Bailey’s Financial Orbit, Alastair Winter’s Daniel Stewart Research Report, Zerohedge and USA Watchdog who all republished or linked to Smaulgld stories in 2015.
and a special thanks to all Smaulgld readers and subcribers!
Happy New Year!
If you have enjoyed this report, please consider buying your precious metals through the Smaulgld affiliates linked to on this site* and subscribing (for free) to Smaulgld.com.